At Madeleine Shaw Executive Coaching we are passionate about helping people to achieve success at work.
We work with people in law firms, professional services firms, the public sector and corporate environments. We use coaching techniques to help our clients test their assumptions, stretch their ideas, clarify their goals and achieve their ambitions. We help them to meet life's challenges more easily through developing an increasingly sophisticated level of emotional and cognitive self-awareness and skill.
We believe that you are the expert in your own life and have the knowledge and skills to be successful. Our role is to bring a varied and flexible coaching toolkit to the coaching conversation. We help you develop your understanding, define your goals and take action to achieve them.
We strongly believe that high achievement at work comes when there is congruence between who you are in all spheres of your life: work, friends, community and home. When these spheres are aligned in a manner that works for you, you will be able to flourish in a way that you can easily maintain and enjoy.
There's only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving, and that's your own self. – Aldous Huxley
Our flexible developmental coaching toolkit means we are ready to adapt to the changing needs of our clients. Some focus areas that regularly arise are:
- Senior leaders – providing a confidential sounding board to work through ideas and challenges.
- New leaders –the transition from technical excellence (such as in law) to leadership excellence requires a different set of skills and management of a higher level of ambiguity and uncertainty.
- Work/life fit – finding a way to focus on what's important in a way that works for you.
- Managing change – dealing with a changing environment at work.
- Specific issues – you may wish to work through particular issues such as management style or time management.
Our process is flexible and we will tailor it to your individual requirements.
Our services range from coaching a single individual through to devising and rolling out a coaching program across your organisation.
A typical program with each individual might be 12 x 2 hour sessions:
We take an evidence-based, solutions-focused approach to the coaching conversation. We put the attention on where you want to be, and how you can get there. We work with rigour and respect: rigour to challenge assumptions and beliefs that might be holding you back, and respect for your knowledge and expertise.
Coaching focuses on future possibilities, not past mistakes. – Sir John Whitmore
Madeleine Shaw Executive Coaching is proud to abide by the ICF Code of Ethics, available here.